1. The Shotgun Coordinator (SC) is in command of the shotgun match.
2. The RSO assigned to the shotgun range is responsible for safety.
3. All shotguns must be unloaded with actions open except when on the firing line. Unloaded shotguns with break open action may be racked in the closed position. All other action types must be open.
4. A safety rope shall be used to block off the ready areas when it is forward of the firing line. No one is allowed forward of a hot firing line.
5. All guns will be unloaded with actions open while transversing between firing points.
6. In addition, the Club’s General Range Safety Rules apply.
1. CEASE FIRE. All shooters unload and safe your firearms and stand behind the red line for firearm inspection.
2. A CEASE FIRE IN NOW IN EFFECT. All shooters are free to go forward and install, remove, or check targets. Shooters not going forward will stay behind the red line.
3. THE RANGE IS HOT. You may commence firing.
HDRGC Safety Rules
- 1. All shooters must sign in and read safety rules prior to shooting.
- 2. All persons must wear appropriate eye and hearing protection while on the range.
- 3. Shooters under the age of 18 years old must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or an adult legal guardian.
- 4. Any children so small that they cannot wear eye and ear protection are not allowed on the range.
- 5. Shooters will pick up their spent cases, clear the area, and return target and loaned equipment to the range shack.
- 6. This is a family friendly range. Appropriate language will be used at all times.
- 7. Pets are not allowed on the firing line.
- 8. All targets will be placed in a manner to direct the projectile into an approved berm.
- 9. Rapid Fire is at the RSO's discretion based on the shooter's experience and discipline.
- 10. All commands/instructions from the RSO will be complied with immediately.
- 11. There will be no handling of uncased firearms during a cease fire.
- 12. Shooters should check firearm bore for blockage prior to firing.
- 13. All firearm malfunctions will be inspected by the RSO. In the event of a malfunction the RSO may call a cease fire.
- 14. Fifty caliber smokeless powder firearms may not be fired on the range except under special controlled conditions.
- 15. No shooting of tracer, incendiary, armor piercing, or steel core ammunition is allowed.
- 16. No shooting at wildlife, rocks, bottles, or other foreign objects.
- 17. There will be no horseplay, practical jokes, or poor personal conduct that would increase risk of accident to members or guests of the club.
- 18. If you are under the influence of Alcohol, Marijuana, or illegal drugs, you are not allowed on the range.
- 19. We reserve the right to refuse admittance to anyone.
- 20. No cleaning or gunsmithing of firearms while on the firing line. The exception to this rule is new barrel break in and scope or sight adjustments.
- 21. The Hi-Desert Rod & Gun Club will not be responsible for loss or theft of shooter's property.